The Galvanised Smart T-Bar™ is an Australian designed lightweight lintel used for supporting brickwork over openings. Typically used for double brick with no cavity, some common uses include garage door openings. It is a fully welded bar and is not reliant upon composite action.
We also have other smart T-Bar™ sizes available. Please contact our sales department for more information.
|Designation||Mass per Metre||Gross Section Area||About x-axis||About y-axis|
|Flangeâ€”Horizontal (H) mm||Ag||Ix||Zx||Iy|
|Webâ€”Vertical (V) mm||kg/m||mm^2||10^6 mm^4||10^3 mm^3||10^6 mm^4|
Budabar T bars - Safe load tables
|200x6 flange||Span (mm)||1800||2100||2400||2700||3000||3300|
|200x6 web||Bar Length(mm)||2100||2400||2700||300||3300||3600|
|200x6 flange||Span (mm)||2400||2700||3000||3300||3600||3900|
|200x8 web||Bar Length(mm)||2700||3000||3300||3600||3900||4200|
|200x6 flange||Span (mm)||3600||3900||4200||4500||4800||5100||5400||5700|
|200x10 web||Bar Length(mm)||3900||4200||4500||4800||5100||5400||5700||
|200x10 flange||Span (mm)||3600||3900||4200||4500||4800||5100||5400|
|200x10 web||Bar Length(mm)||3900||4200||4500||4800||510||5400||5700|
|200x10 flange||Span (mm)||5700||6000||6300||6600||6900||7200|
|200x10 web||Bar Length(mm)||6000||6300||6600||6900||7200||7500|
Notes on Safe Load Tables for Budabar-T-Bars
The Buda-T-Bar is imported from China, material used is Q235B, Q235 material is in accordance with PRC standard GB 700(previous version GB700-79 part A3 & C3), and here Q stands for yielding. According to PRC
National Standard GB700-88, the minimum yielding point is 235Mpa for thicknesses less than 17mm, tensile strength is between 375-400MPa, E=200~210 GPa
- The Buda-T-Bar is simply supported at both ends.
- The Buda-T-Bar is loaded such that the load acts vertically and equally on both sides of the web.
- The Buda-T-Bar is considered as being laterally unrestrained for the full span length.
- UDL loads are constant along the length of the bar.
- Point loads act at mid-span.
- 150mm minimum bearing support on to brickwork.
- Hot-dip galvanising to AS / NZS 4680:2006.
- Loads are in accordance with AS / NZS 1170.1:2002.
- a minimum of three courses of bricks must be laid above the lintel beam.
Load limited by deflection of 1/500 span.
- Yielding stress fy=235 Mpa, tensile strength fu=375Mpa for both web and flange.
- Mass per metre calculation is based on 7850kg/m^3.
- Calculate bar length is span+150mm each end.
Due to the nature of this item, we currently only ship this item to NSW and the ACT*. For delivery costs, please use the delivery calculator on the checkout page.
*Delivery to remote areas of NSW or ACT may not be suitable for our delivery trucks. Please contact us prior to ordering should you have any concerns.
This item is stocked at our St Marys and Belmore Warehouses.